Dear Member and Staff of Il CENTRO Community:
Information has been requested by Members and Staff about when one can return to the Center after experiencing symptoms of COVID-19. This guidance reflects the expertise of the NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHNH), the New York City Department of Education (DOE) and the NYC Test + Trace Corps (T2).
When is it Safe to Return to the Centro Facility?
Any member or staff who has tested positive for COVID-19 can return to the Center only after:
- Isolating for 10 days AND
- Being fever-free for 24 hours without the use of medication AND
- Is experiencing overall improvement in symptoms
- For people with symptoms, the infectious period generally begins two days before symptoms start and continues for ten days from when symptoms begin.
- For people with no symptoms (asymptomatic), the infectious period is estimated to begin two days before COVID-19 testing to ten days after testing.
- One may continue to receive a positive COVID-19 test result for up to three months even though they are no longer infectious.
If a member or staff showed symptoms but tested negative for COVID-19, they can return to the Center only after:
- Being fever free 24 hours without the use of medication AND
- Overall symptoms are improving.
If a member or staff did not get tested for COVID-19 but showed symptoms, they can return to the Center only after:
* At least 10 days have passed since symptoms started AND
* They have been fever-free for 24 hours without the use of medication AND
* Overall symptoms are improving
If a member or staff is considered a close contact of an individual who has tested positive, they can return to the Center only after:
- Quarantining for 10-days since their last exposure to that case (even if you receive a subsequent negative COVID19 test result).
Thank you for your cooperation. Health and safety always come first in Il Centro, no matter what.
G. Jack Spatola, FIAO President