As of Tuesday, January 12, you are eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine in New York if you are:
- Age 65+
- Immunocompromised (but we have not yet received guidance on what specifically this means)
- Education workers
- First responders (police, fire)
- Public transit workers
- Public safety workers
- High-risk hospital worker (emergency room worker, ICU staff and Pulmonary Department staff)
- Resident or staff at nursing homes and other congregate care facilities
- Federally Qualified Health Center employee
- EMS worker
- Coroner, medical examiner and or certain funeral worker
- Staff or resident at OPWDD, OMH and OASAS facilities
- Urgent Care provider
- Individuals administering COVID-19 vaccines, including local health department staff
- Outpatient/Ambulatory front-line, high-risk health care worker of any age who provides direct in-person patient care
- A staff member with direct contact with patients (i.e., intake staff)
- A high-risk public health worker who has direct contact with patients, such as conducting COVID-19 tests, handling COVID-19 specimens and COVID-19 vaccinations.
As of January 4, 2021, eligible New Yorkers can get the COVID-19 vaccine at sites located throughout the city.
Locations in Bensonhurst: You can now schedule appointments at the below vaccination sites.
· RendrCare: Metro True Care Medical
8686 Bay Parkway, Suite M1
Call for appointment: 646-601-6229 open Monday through Friday from 9 to 5 pm.
· RendrCare: Janlian Medical Group
833 58th Street
Call for an appointment: 646-601-6229 open Monday through Friday from 9 to 5 pm.
Other sites: To sign up for an appointment and find a vaccination location beginning on Monday, please visit: https://www1.nyc.gov/site/doh/covid/covid-19-vaccine-locations.page More information on how to schedule an appointment and additional locations are likely forthcoming.
If you have questions about your eligibility, you can find out if you are eligible here: https://am-i-eligible.covid19vaccine.health.ny.gov
New York City is seeking to scale up availability rapidly. Again, to find a location to receive the vaccine near you please visit: https://www1.nyc.gov/site/doh/covid/covid-19-vaccine-locations.page