Who we are
Our website address is: https://fioabrooklyn.org.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
Data collected during the donation process
We collect information about you during the donation process on our website. This information may include, but is not limited to, your name, address, phone number, credit card/payment details and any other details that might be requested from you for the purpose of processing your donations.
Handling this data allows us to:
– Send you important account/donation/service information.
– Respond to your queries, refund requests or complaints.
– Process payments and prevent fraudulent transactions. We do this based on our legitimate organizational interests.
– Set up and administer your account, provide technical and donor support, and to verify your identity.
Additionally, we may also collect the following information:
– Your donor comments if you choose to leave them on our website.
– Cookies which are essential to keep track of your donation history whilst your session is active. This allows you to access your donation receipt without being a registered, logged in user.
– Account email/password to allow access to your account, if you have one.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g., videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
This website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
We use “cookies” on this site. A cookie is a piece of data stored on a site visitor’s hard drive to help us improve your access to our site and identify repeat visitors to our site. For instance, when we use a cookie to identify you, you would not have to log in a password more than once, thereby saving time while on our site. Cookies can also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our site. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information on our site.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way via the payment processing platform authorize.net. You can verify this by looking for a lock icon in the address bar and looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the Web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, donation processing and acknowledgements) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
What rights you have over your data
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our website:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.