“Il Centro” is the first Italian-American multicultural community center in New York. We are located in southern Brooklyn, home to Italian Americans since the early 1900’s. Il Centro serves as a resource for the Italian-American population with hopes to preserve the heritage and culture of this vibrant community. One major theme of Il Centro is to acknowledge and disseminate a positive image and legacy of Italian-American men and women. While working towards this goal we look forward to strengthening the ties among the generations of Italian-Americans in the community and working with all individuals who share this common bond.
Il Centro is a multi-level 44,000 square foot facility outfitted with modern, state-of-the-art facilities.
- Beautiful classrooms host group fitness classes, seminars and workshops;
- Full fitness facility with contemporary exercise equipment allows for both individual and group fitness opportunities;
- Gymnasium, built to endure the newest and toughest athletes in our community, serves as an epicenter for sports teams and programs throughout the borough;
- Swimming pool with a breathtaking panoramic view allows for individual and family recreation and swim instruction;
- Elegant event space, transitional in design, holds endless potential for a multitude of events such as private parties, vendor showcases, charity events, and networking gatherings.