In addition to the immediate neighborhood of the Greater Bensonhurst area, FIAO serves community members throughout Brooklyn and Staten Island. The service area boundary is based on the residences of 80% of registered participants; the remaining 20% travel to F.I.A.O. programs and services, mainly its expanded services office, from the wider areas.
F.I.A.O. customer service standards include the following principles:
- All facilities – schools, office, etc., are fully functional, well maintained and clean inside and out.
- All facilities are welcoming, customer oriented places that provide user with products and services they desire in an efficient and consistent manner
- Products and services fit the needs, interests and requirements of the community
- Staff and volunteers are professional and welcoming
Il Centro will uphold similar standards of operation and service.
FIAO offers a wide variety of recreation, educational, counseling, job training, cultural, and social services program opportunities with the goal of expanding all of these and adding a variety of others. Il Centro will specifically expand on the following broad
- Social services including public assistance
- Community and socialization
- Community building
- Life long learning
- Sports and Games
- Team sports
- Water sports
- GED & ESL
- Language and Culture Classes
- Weekend & Summer Camps
- Team Games